Guacamole - The Mexican Dip for Everything.
3 ripe Avocados, seeded and removed in a bowl
Juice of 2 lemons
2 Green Chilli chopped
1 Medium sized Onion finely chopped
1 Medium sized Tomato chopped
1/2 bunch of Cilantro/coriander chopped
1 pickled Jalapeno chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
some paprika for extra heat
1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
1. Take the avocados in the bowl and smash it with a fork until a chunky texture is obtained.
2. In another bowl take the chopped onion, chillies, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic and mix well.
3. Add in the paprika, cumin, salt to taste and the half the lemon juice.
4. Mix the avocados with the onion and tomato mix properly and add in the remaining lemon juice if needed.
5. Store in the fridge and use as required.
6. Great with nachos, as a dip.
Note - Some of the liquid from the pickled jalapenos can also be added.
The avocados can be put in a chopper and made in to a paste like consistency for a smoother texture.