It is that time of the year, when mangoes are in season, and not just ordinary mango, but sweet, juicy and the best mangoes.
Being a mango lover and mango known as the king of fruits in India, I decided to come up with this recipe.
This recipe is quick, easy and refreshing at the same time.
The recipe is an inspiration from the Mumbai rains coming soon, just like fragrance from the wet sand in the first rain 'Petrichor' and the smell from the sweet mangoes.
Just like the lovely taste of the rainwater and the spiciness from the salad, and the freshness from the mint leaves reminds me of how fresh I feel after getting wet in the rains.
It is one of those dishes that I can have while sitting on the window and enjoying the rain.
Mango - 2 Whole
Onions - 1 Whole
Mint leaves - 20 gms
Coriander Leaves - 10 gms
Lemon Juice - 10-15 ml
Chilli Flakes - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Chop the onions finely and evenly.
2. Deseed the mango and cut them in to big dices and keep in a bowl.
3. Finely chop the mint leaves, coriander leaves and keep ready.
4. Now in a bowl, take the chopped onions, diced mango, add in the mint, coriander, lemon juice, chilli flakes and mix well.
5. Season well and adjust the spiciness according to taste.
6. Keep in the fridge to chill for sometime.
Do follow me on
Twitter - @HungryBawarchi
Instagram - HungryBawarchi
Facebook - The Hungry Bawarchi
for updates on food, recipes and more.
Also do subscribe to the
Youtube Channel - Fat Toxic Bawarchi for video recipes, restaurant reviews and lots of fun.
This recipe was a part of the Food Bloggers, 'Foodies Kitchen Ninjas' Monthly challenge where every month all the bloggers participate in designing a recipe based on a theme. This month the theme was 'A Date With Mumbai Rains'
The following are the participants of the competition this month.
Do check out the recipe and how they would enjoy A Date with Mumbai Rains.
Antara Roy of Zouqh