My own healthy and refreshing Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad.
Watermelon - 1 whole
Feta Cheese - 1 pack ( 200gms)
Balsamic vinegar reduction - 20 ml
Pine Nuts - 25 -30 gms
Mint leaves - 1/2 bunch
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 10-15ml
Lime Juice - 3 nos.
1. Cut the watermelon in cubes, and put in a bowl.
2. Roughly chop the mint leaves and add it to the bowl.
3. Meanwhile remove the cheese from the brine solution.
4. Squeeze the juice of lemons.
5. In the bowl, toss the watermelon, mint leaves, lime juice and keep in the fridge to chill for some time.
6. To serve, transfer the salad to a serving bowl, crumble the feta cheese over it.
7. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar reduction, olive oil and sprinkle the pine nuts over it.
8. Finish off with some more chopped mint leaves on top and serve chilled.
1. The presentation can also be done in a form of layer and served.
2. If balsamic reduction is not there, it can be avoided.
3. For quick service, keep the salad in the freezer and serve within sometime so that the watermelon does not freeze.
Post a Comment