Tostadas are very similar to canapes and can be had with almost any topping. Usually the base of the tostadas are made from tortillas which are toasted and then the topping is served on top.
It can be a topping as simple as just Pica De Gallo, or even sauteed mushrooms with some herbs.
But this time, I gave the original Tostadas a simple twist, just replaced the tortillas with crackers to give it an extra crunch, and texture.
Kiwi Fruit - 1 piece
Avocado (fully ripe) - 1/2 piece
Lemon Juice - 10 ml
Red Chillies (Chopped) - 1/2 piece
Salt and Pepper - to taste
Parmesan Cheese - 20-25 gms
Cracker Biscuits - 10 to 12 pieces
1. In a bowl, take the diced kiwi fruit, finely diced avocado, lemon juice, red chillies, parmesan cheese and mix well.
2. Mash the avocado a bit with the back of the spoon.
3. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Keep the mixture covered in the fridge for sometime, so that the kiwi fruit and the avocado blend well.
5. Take the cracker biscuits, put a spoonful of the Kiwi mixture on top.
6. Garnish with some parmesan cheese and serve.
1. The cracker biscuits can be substituted with the tortillas.
2. Topping of choice can be used.