Staying awake late nights is a habit for me, and having dinner early is another thing which I follow. When im awake till late nights, I tend to feel hungry and look for some food in the fridge and I always make some dips or food, which can be refrigerated and had when needed.
One thing I always make and keep well in advance, it is the Mediterran Dip - Hummus, made from simple ingredients like chick peas, garlic, olive oil. The best way i like to eat this dip is, take a warm chappati, apply some hummus and rolled, just perfect.
Boiled Chick Peas - 200 gms
Tahini (white sesame paste) - 2-3 tbsp
Garlic - 3 cloves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil -250 ml-275 ml
Lemon Juice - 15 ml
Paprika - a pinch
Greek Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Take all the ingredients in a electric chopper except the yogurt.
2. Blitz it till you obtain a smooth paste/puree.
3. Remove in a bowl, add in the yogurt and mix well.
4. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle some paprika powder and serve.
1. Store in a airtight container with some olive oil drizzled on top.
2. Some Beetroot can be added to get the red color and the flavor which can be termed as Beetroot Hummus.
3. Alot more flavors can be added to give the simple Hummus a twist.
Can I use normal yogurt instead of Greek yogurtReplyDelete
Yes you can use normal yogurt, just make sure that it is thick and doesn't contain whey, also you can usehung curdd.Delete
Do try and let me know how it turned out.