Italian cuisine is something which has been very close to my heart. There was a time I used play around with pasta and various flavors. At one point my family was kind of tired with me making pastas almost everyday. One of the dishes that I loved making was this - Burnt Garlic Aglio Olio. Garlic is one of those ingredients that I like cooking with. A warning, too much garlic can keep you away from kissing someone :P.
BTW guys, I'm thinking of doing something different, wanted to know your opinion on that which you can tell me by leaving your comments. How many of you would like to see recipes that I put up here also on my Instagram account in the form of a small video like Flipgram? You can meanwhile check my Instagram account at HungryBawarchi, from where the recipe video will be shared on my Facebook Page - The Hungry Bawarchi and also Twitter account - @HungryBawarchi automatically. Do let me know your thoughts on the same.
Where as the recipe is concerned, lets start with the ingredients -
Spaghetti - 120 gms
Chopped Parsley - 10 gms
Garlic cloves (sliced) - 15-20 gms
Good Olive Oil - 25 ml
Chilli Flakes and Oregano - 1 sachet of each (I always keep the ones I get when I order food from Dominos or any other pizza joint. These things are very handy at times :P. )
Salt - to taste and some will be need while boiling the pasta.
Next comes the steps or the procedure or the mehnat which will take you to the final product.
1. In a handi (pot) put water to boil and do not forget to season it with salt so that the pasta absorbs it and is not bland later when you eat the dish.
2. Once the water starts boiling, put in the pasta and let it cook to al dente or as per the instructions on the packet. (note that cook the pasta a min less than whats mentioned on the packet because it will then get cooked to perfection when it goes in to the sauce.)
3. Heat olive oil in another pan, once hot, add in the sliced or chopped garlic and wait for it to turn golden brown in color and also so that the oil gets the garlic flavor. (but dont burn it, like little burnt is allowed coz the name is burnt garlic spaghetti, :P )
4. After the garlic has come to the right stage (mine looks a little dark, lighting issues in the kitchen :P), add in the parsley, the chilli flakes and the oregano and give it a small mix. (remember that you had kept pasta to boil, if that is done, strain it and keep it aside, because the next step it to mix it with the sauce.)
5. So this step is very simple and easy, you just need to take your cooked pasta, add it to the garlic oil and toss it well and make it look the one in the picture above. (That was just the mixing, not the final plating. :P)
In the end its all about making your food look good and good on the plate.