When I am hungry in the night, the first thing I do is open the fridge and check what all is there.
Last night the only thing I could find is some leftover Butter Chicken gravy from the afternoon lunch.
Another problem with me is that, I can't go to sleep hungry, so I took out some normal ingredients from fridge and the cabinet and started cooking.
What I found was, some herbs, chilli oil and arborio rice. With these ingredients in front of me, I thought why not do something different today and make a fusion between Italian and Indian food. And so came my recipe of the Butter Chicken Risotto.
Arborio Rice - 70 gms
Leftover Butter Chicken Gravy - 50 gms-70 gms
Finely Chopped Onions - 20 gms
Finely Chopped Garlic - 2 cloves
Coriander Leaves - 15 gms
Red Chillies - 2 nos
Salt - to taste
Olive Oil - 1-2 tbsp
Butter - 20 gms
Fresh Cream - 2 tbsp
Vegetable/Chicken Stock - approx 2 cup
1. In a pan heat oil, and butter, then add in the arborio rice and saute for a couple of minutes.
2. Add in the chopped onions, garlic and the red chillies and saute till the onions are translucent.
3. Once the onions are done, add in stock little at a time and stir well and let the rice cook.
4. Keep adding stock little at a time and keep stirring.
5. When the rice is half cooked, add in the Butter Chicken Gravy and mix well.
6. Keep adding stock if needed and cook the rice till Al Dente.
7. Finally add in the coriander leaves, fresh cream and season with salt.
8. Drizzle some chilli oil if needed and serve hot.
1. Do not wash the rice, it will lose all its starchiness.
2. Keep stirring the rice continuously to avoid sticking to the pan.
3. The texture of the risotto should be like flowing lava.
4. Finish the risotto with some butter in the end.
5. Do not over cook the rice.
Do follow me on
Twitter - @HungryBawarchi
Instagram - HungryBawarchi
Facebook - The Hungry Bawarchi
for updates on food, recipes and more.
Also do subscribe to the
Youtube Channel - Fat Toxic Bawarchi for video recipes, restaurant reviews and lots of fun.